Monday, October 13, 2014

Depotting Disasters!


For some strange reason, last week I decided it would be a great idea to depot some of my ‘less’ used eyeshadows and fill up the z-palette that I ordered from Makeup Geek months ago. After watching countless YouTube depotting videos, searching Pinterest, and looking at blogs, I was up for the challenge….and then I got started. Depotting is not for the faint of heart and I learned that I am the faint of heart. Not only did I have to rip up the packaging for the Urban Decay Ammo Palette to get the shadows out (luckily I wasn’t head over heels in love with shadows), but I also got powder and shadow all over my vanity. Some of the shadows have huge chunks missing from them as scars from the move. After all of the struggle, I also learned (the hard way) that domed products DO NOT fit into the standard z-palette, hence I cannot close the palette with my Laura Geller baked blush in it. I have learned my lesson, I am officially against depotting and plan to buy all future shadows as individuals if I plan to transport them. L

Have you tried depotting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment