Saturday, April 5, 2014

Product Probe: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer




I am a faithful, YouTube subscriber. Daily I check my feed patiently awaiting the next 'rave' beauty product that promises to deliver 'never-seen-before' results. This is how I ended up making a trip to Ulta to purchase the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer. I honestly had  really high hopes for this primer. I have oily skin and need all the help I can get to make my makeup last through an 8-hour workday. Unfortunately, this primer does nothing for me. It has a silicone feel, which I don't mind. After applying all over the skin, it did not live up to its claim to blur or reduce the appearance of pores. At first, I thought that it was my foundation, so I switched. I have tried this product with Revlon ColorStay foundation, the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation, and MAC's StudioFix Fluid. I even went as far as to pat this into my pores in hopes that a different method of application would help. Unfortunately,  this product is just an epic fail, but no worries I am still on the hunt for a long-lasting pore blurring primer.

FYI...I think this product would be great for dry to normal skin as it has anti-aging ingredients that tend to moisturize. 





What are your thoughts on this product? What's your favorite primer?

No comments:

Post a Comment